A look back at 2022: The Air France Foundation celebrates its 30th anniversary
In 2022, the Air France Foundation celebrated its thirtieth anniversary. A series of events organized around the world highlighted its commitment to improving the living conditions of disadvantaged and disabled children. These wonderful moments of sharing and solidarity were made possible by the mobilization of the company’s employee-volunteers in all of Air France’s stations.
Throughout the summer, children assisted by some of the Foundation’ partner associations were able to enjoy unique experiences:
- At Paris-Charles de Gaulle, 120 children from the Envol association (which organizes tailor-made trips and activities for sick children and their families) went on a behind-the-scenes tour of France’s leading airport and discovered an Air France Airbus A350 accompanied by French astronaut Thomas Pesquet.
- In Antananarivo (Madagascar), the Air France Foundation celebrated its anniversary alongside the children of the Akamasoa association at a popular gathering organized by the association’s founder, Father Pedro. For many years, the Air France Foundation has been supporting this association working on the social reintegration of the poorest populations, and providing access to sustainable material conditions as well as medical care.
- In Dakar (Senegal), where the Foundation has been very active for many years, Anne Rigail, CEO of Air France and President of the Foundation, took part in a thirtieth anniversary celebration in the presence of Ms Ndeye Saly Diop, Senegal’s Minister for Women, Family, Gender and Child Protection, Mr Philippe Lalliot, Ambassador of France, and an Air France crew member, who is a volunteer with the association L’Empire des Enfants. L’empire des Enfants acts to provide care for children who have been victims of violence. Many of the Foundation’s partner associations were also present.
The end of the year was also marked by a number of festive and solidarity-based events:
- The Air France Foundation presented the results of a series of renovation works carried out at the Commandant Sanon school in Abidjan (Ivory Coast). Thanks to the work carried out since 2007 with the Savoir Ivoire association, this establishment can now accommodate children in complete safety and appropriate hygiene conditions.
- In Fort-de-France (Martinique), in support of the Kiwanis and Adapei associations, the Air France Foundation contributed to festive and cultural encounters between a crew of Foundation ambassadors, accompanied by French journalist Eglantine Eméyé, and nearly 200 children with disabilities, or who are ill or in precarious situations.
- In Paris - Charles de Gaulle, set in a magical atmosphere, 120 children saw Santa Claus’s arrival at the initiative of the Club des Acteurs du Grand Roissy.
- In Paris, the Air France Foundation offered gifts that underprivileged children, supported by the Apprentis d’Auteuil Foundation, had requested from Santa Claus.
Since its creation, the Air France Foundation has supported over 1,500 projects led by associations whose expertise and local roots are crucial. It provides assistance in all areas that can make a difference in the lives of children in difficulty: education, social and professional integration, cultural development, and sports and artistic activities.
With 500 ambassadors in all of Air France’s stations, the Foundation gets as involved as possible in the day-to-day life of children, in order to have a direct and significant impact. To guarantee the effectiveness of the actions supported, the Air France Foundation relies on the proximity of the airline’s employees to the field and their knowledge of the players in it.
The year 2022 was also marked by the announcement that the Foundation’s activities would be extended, from 2023, to include projects that support sustainable development and raising awareness of environmental challenges.